Cleaning and the Cleaning Verification Procedure Training*
Prepare this exercise in advance:
Have appropriate tools and supplies ready. Necessary tools and supplies include buckets, mops, water, detergent, a HEPA vacuum, wipes, plastic sheeting, plastic bags, tape, disposable cleaning cloths and cleaning verification cards.
- You will need access to water.
- Sprinkle each work area with corn starch or baby powder to simulate dust.
- Vary the color and type of work area surfaces if possible.
When conducting the exercise:
- Instruct participants to stay in their groups.
- Circulate while they work to ensure they are doing the work properly.
- Coach them as necessary to correct any incorrect behaviors.
- Give them a 5-minute warning.
- When the time for each skill set is up, tell them to stop. Keep to the schedule.
Note: In some training facilities, such as hotels, you may not have access to water in the training room. In such cases, instruct participants to walk through the process – practicing the order of the steps: HEPA vacuum, two bucket wash, cleaning from high to low, etc. As a demonstration of how hard it is to clean up dust, consider sprinkling corn starch or baby powder on a tabletop and experimenting with different methods for cleaning it up – broom and dust pan, HEPA vacuum, wet wipe, etc.
*These procedures were taken from a certified instructor’s resource manual. Contact Dustless Technologies with questions.